February 17, 2010

Life always seems to come full circle. I wander through this faded haze with the idea that I will do what I "need" to do, that I will figure out my "purpose" and grab it, forever solidifying my spot on this planet and its history. Part of me has woken up. There isn't a purpose, there isn't an answer, there is only the moment, and that is important to realize. We have the now, and it is all that really matters. I don't honestly believe that the world can be run on a minute by minute basis but that is the problem. We have made everything so much about tomorrow, living in the future if you will, that the only thing we can honestly say is that we are constantly running for that proverbial carrot. Then again I don't really think that the future can be written off, in fact I really have a hard time thinking that the future is the only thing that we strive for. If that were true we might not have the climate issues that we have. So let me revise, we stumble blindly into the future not reaching for some carrot, but dragging the dead bodies of everything that has come before us and continuing to pile the slag on. The moment is now. We need a hard reset on history, something needs to change. I just hope that I can be a part of it.

2 comments:

Joanna Christensen said...

I believe you are a part of it. Finding your purpose along with your moment to moment existence will give life meaning.It starts with an idea, then we start dreaming about the idea, then we ink it down, and add to the idea , then it becomes a dream that passion can play in, which in turn becomes our driving force, which in turn makes us purpose driven for our greater good. That is full circle, seeing that everything comes back to you and starts to make sense in this otherwise unconscious world.It is those who find consciousness/awareness that understand and succeed at their Greater Good.

Joanna Christensen said...

I believe you are a part of it. Finding your purpose along with your moment to moment existence will give life meaning.It starts with an idea, then we start dreaming about the idea, then we ink it down, and add to the idea , then it becomes a dream that passion can play in, which in turn becomes our driving force, which in turn makes us purpose driven for our greater good. That is full circle, seeing that everything comes back to you and starts to make sense in this otherwise unconscious world.It is those who find consciousness/awareness that understand and succeed at their Greater Good.