December 9, 2009

12/09/2009 - Backlog

I am a technodreamer. Or at least that is what I would like to think of myself as. I believe that humanity will make itself better by furthering technology to it's fullest extent, just as long as we don't kill ourselves through something dumb like a war or global catastrophe (global warming anyone?). It seems to me that the gross majority of the worlds problems can be solved by the continued unification of Earth's people. I believe that we can communicate with any other human at any time then after long enough of that then we will find a peaceful way to coexist. Give every person on this planet a cell phone and a laptop and we will have world peace. Huh. Even me saying that here makes it sound like too big a thing to attempt. But I can't accept that. I cannot sit back and believe that we as a species are destined to continue fighting and killing and destroying because eventually there will be nothing or no one left to fight, kill, or be killed by. Eventually if we keep this up we will all be maimed and so bloodied that the will to continue on will be staunched. Religion, that is organized religion, has no place in politics. None. My personal belief is that religion has no place in a truly organized and peaceful society, but that is only due to the fact that in my experience there is very little that people will kill and die for, and religion is one such thing. The belief that "God" is on our side has caused every major conflict, and most of the little ones too, that has happened. Ever. Not in the last century, the last millennium, but from the time that we have kept records. If we need to put our faith and trust in a higher power then let us believe in the greater power of us. May we believe that we are our own saviors. Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Lao-Tzu, or any of the enlightened beings that have professed that peace is the only way for us to be one with the universe, and at the same time one with each other. We cannot think that we are not the masters of our own destiny. We are in control and we need to take responsibility for our actions. Anyone should be allowed to believe what they want. I won't stop anyone from believing anything that they want to. But when somebody tries to stop me from being what I am, when someone tries to say I am wrong and silence me, I will fight them with every fiber of my being until my last breath. The moving away from superstitious ruling of mankind will allow a better life for all involved. If world peace is possible then it is through everyone realizing that we are all human, nothing separates us except what we let separate us.

If there is a God than It is truly love and nothing more. Not mine, not yours, but ours and for all.

No comments: